Fredrik Kahl, Main Page
Computer Vision Group, Department of
Signals and Systems, Chalmers.
Mathematical Imaging Group, Centre for Mathematical Sciences,
Faculty of Engineering, Lund University.
NEWS: The Best Student Paper Award is awarded to "Shape-Aware Multi-Atlas Segmentation" at ICPR 2016, Cancun, Mexico! Read the
NEWS: New project on the integration of geometry and semantics in computer vision, 2017-2020, funded by the Swedish Research Council, November 2016.
NEWS: New project on smart, flying robots capable of seeing, navigating and mapping based on computer vision and optimal control techniques, 2016-2021, funded by Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, April 2016.
NEWS: Organiser of the 4th Workshop on Computer Vision for Road Scene Understanding and Autonomous Driving in conjunction with European Conference on Computer Vision October 2016.
NEWS: Area Chair for the European Conference on Computer Vision, October 2016.
Interested in my mathematical ancestors and descendants? You can find them here at the Mathematics Genealogy Project.
My Erdös number is 3 via the path: Fredrik Kahl - Gunnar Sparr - Jaak Peetre - Paul Erdös.
Want to scan yourself? Read our paper CopyMe3D.
Meet my PhD Students:
Former PhD students:
- Carl Toft, Signals and Systems, Chalmers University of Technology
- Måns Larsson, Signals and Systems, Chalmers University of Technology
- Jennifer Alvén, Signals and Systems, Chalmers University of Technology
- Johan Fredriksson, Lund University
- Jonathan Arvidsson, University of Gothenburg (co-supervised with Magnus Båth, Göran Starck and Peter Bernhardt)
- Erik Bylow (co-supervised with Carl Olsson)
- Viktor Larsson (co-supervised with Carl Olsson)
- Matilda Landgren, PhD 2016.
- Fangyuan Jiang, PhD 2015, now at the startup Paracosm in Gainesville, Florida.
- Linus Svärm, PhD 2015, now at the startup Eigenvision AB in Malmö.
- Johannes Ulén, PhD 2014, now at the startup Eigenvision AB in Malmö.
- Yubin Kuang, PhD 2014, now at the startup Mapillary in Malmö.
- Petter Strandmark, PhD 2013, now at Google Research in Stockholm.
- Olof Enqvist, PhD 2011, now assistant professor at the Computer Vision Group at Chalmers.
- Martin Byröd, PhD 2010, now at Apple Inc (formerly C3 Technologies AB which was bought by Apple).
- Klas Josephson, PhD 2010, now at the startup Spiideo AB in Lund.
- Carl Olsson, PhD 2009, now associate professor at The Mathematical Imaging Group, Lund University.
- Jan-Erik Solem, PhD 2006, now at Apple Inc (formerly Polar Rose AB which was bought by Apple).
- Nicolas Guilbert, CEO and founder of Ange Optimization Aps.
Summer School in Convex and Discrete Optimization on the island of Als, Denmark. Tutors: Fredrik Kahl and Richard Hartley, August 2015.
Tutorial in Zurich at ECCV'14 on Robust Optimization Techniques in Computer Vision successfully completed with more than 150 registered participants. Tutors: Olof Enqvist, Fredrik Kahl and Richard Hartley.
I am on the Editorial Board of Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision.
Recent Area Chair assignments: ICCV 2013, CVPR 2014 and ECCV 2014, BMVC 2015, ECCV 2016.
ERC-project GlobalVision, 2008-2013. Starting Independent Research Grant, funded by the European Research Council. Read more about it in Svenska Dagbladet.
Mathematical Methods in Computer Vision, 2008-2014. A project in the programme Future Research Leaders, funded by the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research. Read the feature article (Swedish only) on one of the participants.
I was general chair for Energy Minimization Methods in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Lund, Sweden, 19-21 August, 2013.
Discrete Optimization. A PhD course in mathematics, given spring 2011.
Optimization in Computer Vision. A one week PhD School, 19-23 May 2008 in Copenhagen, Denmark. Co-organized with Henrik Aanaes, DTU. Lectures include Prof. Richard Hartley, Phil Torr and Lieven Vanderberge.
If you are interested in Master Thesis projects in mathematics, computer vision or medical imaging, contact me.
Want to see research in the making? .
Läs om svenska IT-undret i Blekinge Läns Tidning
We are featured in Sydsvenskan!
Jan-Erik Solem's and my patent which was acquired by Apple reaches the news tabloids!
Address: Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Division of Mathematics, PO Box 118, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Phone: +46 730 946028
Publisher: Fredrik Kahl, email@example.com
Last updated: February 8, 2016