Postdoctoral Researcher (Dr. rer. nat.)
Mathematical Imaging Group at the Centre for Mathematical Sciences
Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University.
You don't have to advocate the same point of view all your life,
for nobody can prevent you from getting wiser.
Konrad Adenauer, former German chancellor (original statement in German)
Note: I am leaving Computer Vision to explore other fields. I am staying in research, though.
Note: I left this group at the end of March 2011.
I am interested in various problems in applied optimization
and artificial intelligence:
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Image Segmentation
- Motion Estimation and Segmentation
- Shape Priors and Shape Similarity Measures
- Tracking Deformable Objects
- Stereo Disparity Estimation
- Layer Decomposition and Structure from Motion
- Curvature Regularity
- Image Inpainting
Automatic Natural Language Translation
- Word Alignment
- Translation: single word and phrase based approaches
- Hierarchical and Grammar based Approaches
- Monolingual Natural Language Processing
- Parsing and Automatic Grammar Induction
- Parts of Speech (POS) Tagging
- Optimization Methods and Problems
- Graph-based Methods
- Linear and Integer Linear Programming
- Continuous Optimization
- Operations Research
- Machine Learning
Previously, I was a Ph.D. student at the University of Bonn.
And before that, I finished my studies of Computer Science at RWTH Aachen, Germany.
Publisher: Thomas Schoenemann
Visiting Address: Matematikhuset, Sölvegatan 18, room 347, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Postal Address: Centre for Mathematics, Division of Mathematics, PO Box 118, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Phone: +46 46 222 4758, Fax: +46 46 222 40 10
Last updated: March 25, 2011